Header

Image Map

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Halloween Nails

I love Halloween because of the fun and creativity you can have with your nails when it comes to nail art.  I came across some fun looks a la Pinterest, and adapted what I liked into this: 


This is actually pretty easy to create too!  (Just time consuming). 
  • Thumb:  Paint the nail a deep purple.  I later ended up layering some black glitter on the top of the nail so it created a dripping effect, which looked pretty neat!
  • Pointer:  Paint the nail a sparkly silver glitter.  You can't tell from this picture, but I used a holographic one.  To create the spider web, I used a black striper to draw straight lines coming from a corner.  Then, I connected each line using small curved lines.  Make sure the lines have a curve to them.  
  • Middle:  This nail was my favorite.  I used a green glitter polish to cover the nail.  I drew a v-shape to create the bride of Frankenstein's forehead.  I painted the remainder of the nail black.  Using a white stripper, draw a zig-zag in the hair.  For the bow, I drew a red-sideways "x" and then closed the "x" to make the triangular bow.  The eyes were very simple - using a big white dotting tool and a smaller black one.  This one took some time to create... make sure the nail dries in between steps.
  • Ring:  I painted my nail a nude cream color.  Then I used white to outline a football shape for the center of the face.  I painted everything else white.  Just as I did with the middle finger, I used dotting tools in white and black polish to create the eyes.  To complete the mummy, I added in some silver stripes to give the illusion of cloth.
  • Pinky:  This finger was the simplest of all.  I took an orange striper to create a French tip.  Then I used a black striper to outline the tip and added three vertical lines.  
I am going to do my best to create more Halloween nail art before the day arrives!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog