Header

Image Map

Monday, October 12, 2015

Halloween Fail

I like to keep my postings pretty positive, but I think I need to share my disappointment in the China Glaze Halloween collection.  I know that I'm not the first to share this, regardless - I got sucked in.  I follow the brand on my Instagram account and saw the post below:


I immediately purchased the polishes, but I should have done more research.  PackAPunchPolish does a great review and swatch of each polish - but, as she states in her blog (and YouTube channel), the polishes take at least three coats to reach opacity.  They are extremely streaky polishes as well.

When I painted my nails, it did take three coats to cover the nail.  Then, I when I painted the glitter top coat, I had a ton of little glitters and no large hex glitters.  In the end, it was a glumpy mess.

I'll advise that I might recommend this for the toes.  I just couldn't do it on my hands... I think it lasted 2 days.  For me, I prefer polishes that take only 2 coats - and no streaks.

I will say that I was impressed with PackAPunchPolish's skills and I now follow her blog and YouTube channel.  Make sure to check her out if you haven't already!  

Next time: Zoya Halloween Spiders.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog