Header

Image Map

Friday, July 17, 2015

Watermelon Toes

I wanted to do something fun and summery on my toes... and fruit comes to mind during the summer (think: strawberries, lemons, and watermelon).  I went with watermelon toes.  The great thing about this particular nail art design is it looks more challenging than it actually is.



To create this design:
  • Paint your nails with a base coat. (I used Formula X base coat).
  • Follow with two coats of a watermelon pink or red polish.  (I used Formula X Power Source)
  • Paint the tips with a white polish - but leave yourself room that you can paint the top portion of the tip of your nail green for the watermelon rhine.  When painting this part, I used a white nail striper to make it easier for me.
  • Paint the very tip of each nail green.  You may paint over or above the white polish.  I also used a nail striper for this part.  (Hint: To decrease drying time, I would paint above the white line rather than painting on top of it.  This way, there are less layers of polish to dry.)
  • To make the seeds, use a dotting tool to place three dots on the big toe and one dot on each of the smaller toes.  I then used a black striping tool to slightly pull the polish upward.  This created more of a "seed-like" shape.
  • Finish off and seal in the design with your favorite top coat. I used Essie "Good to Go".
It's a fun little pedicure for the summer!

Hope you enjoyed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog