Header

Image Map

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Diagonal Dutch Loop Braid

Well, hello - I promise I'm not slacking, but May has been a very busy month.  I thought I'd share something fun I did with my hair a while back - see below!



I actually did this completely on accident.. it was definitely a happy accident though.  I was trying to do a Diagonal French Loop Braid   Well, the braid was diagonal, but somehow turned into a Dutch braid... so, to achieve this look I did the following:

1. Begin at the temple, dividing the hair into three sections.  From there, start your Dutch braid (instead of making the stitches over, weave the hair under).

2.  Once you reach the outermost strand near your ear, divide it into two pieces and leave one piece out.  Add new hair in, as you would with a regular Dutch braid.

3.  Repeat step two once you reach the other outermost strand; divide the strand into two pieces and leave one piece of hair out.

4.  Continue to braid and then split the hair, however, add the prior pieces you had left out back into the braid.  Weave prior pieces in by going underneath the new sections.

Warning: this is a really difficult braid to do on yourself... It's kind of fun to experiment though, because even if you mess up, something really neat might come of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog