Header

Image Map

Monday, April 20, 2015

Brows that WOW

I have done it all when it comes to eyebrows (except shave them! YIKES!)  I'm going to give you the breakdown of my experiences having my brows tweezed (not plucked... you pluck a chicken!), threaded, and waxed.  I'll give you my thoughts on each... however, keep in mind, your experiences (and brows) may be very different from mine.

Tweezing 
Tweezing your brows can be very convenient, especially since you can do it at home... just please, please, please don't over-do it!  In the words of my Aunt Paula, "You don't want to look like you have a surprise on your face" (she is a licensed cosmetologist).  If you're worried about your shape or getting them even, I recommend going to an esthetician to get them shaped properly.  Once you go on your own once, you'll be able to clean up the stray hairs more easily.  When tweezing, I recommend Tweezerman tweezers, they'll give you the best grip.  Here's a video on how to properly tweeze.

Eyebrow Threading
Yes, I've done this too.  You can all thank my sister.  I had mine done at the mall... and let me tell you, it doesn't hurt as much as waxing!  They can get a really clean line for you too!  The downside?  It is WAY too public.  When I had mine done, the threading was done semi-privately in a store front, but now they do it in the middle of the mall.  In my opinion, that is not okay.  I don't want people to see me getting my brows threaded, nor do I want to see anyone else.  If you can brave it, more power to you... If you want to see what threading entails, click here.

Waxing 
I can't stress how helpful it is to go to a licensed esthetician at a reputable salon.  Cosmetologists will do it for you, but I like to ask for the esthetician to do it, as you'll get to your brows done in a private room rather than over a shampoo sink (yes, done this before, too).  Estheticians are also very experienced in waxing since it is what they specialize in.  Yes, waxing stings, but only for a minute.  Be sure to talk with the esthetician about the shape of your brows, if you'd like them trimmed at all, etc.

I hope my experiences help you decide on what is best for you (although some people, like my mom, have barely there brows that don't require any maintenance other than defining).  While double checking my research, I came across this Teen Vogue article that presents the pros and cons of each.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog