Header

Image Map

Friday, March 20, 2015

Wrap Around Braid

I follow Fav4Hair on Instagram (post on their products coming soon!) and recently saw a post for a textured, dutch wrap around braid.  I'll try just about anything, but I will warn you - this one was even difficult for ME!  I think it might be something to try on someone else, because if you do it yourself (like I did) you'll have to turn your head and your hair quite a bit!


So, here are my steps with some hints along the way.

1.  Begin by clipping away the top sections of your hair.  You can part from below your earlobes.
2.  Start Dutch braiding behind your ear.  This is tricky...  I do better braiding from muscle memory, but some people might like a mirror.  I think it just depends.
3.  Once you have braided from your ear around the nape of your neck to the other ear, I let loose the top section of hair.  Then I began braiding the crown of my head.
4.  Continue Dutch braiding until you reach the ear again.  Then, section off more hair and continue braiding.
5.  Dutch braid in this manner, going around in spirals until you reach the ends of your hair.  Tie it off with an elastic and pin in place.

The most helpful hints I can say is bobby pins are a life saver and don't expect your braid to be perfect the first time.  This was a lot of fun to wear and I had a ton of compliments, but it definitely takes time!  Let me know if you have any questions and here is the link to the Fav4Hair Youtube tutorial (Note: I did not crimp by hair ahead of time, I am cursed blessed with textured hair on my own.)











P.S.  If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw this look!  Follow me for there for other sneak peaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog