Header

Image Map

Monday, March 23, 2015

New Travel Traditions

Everyone has fun traditions when they travel... sometimes people bring back sand or shells from wherever they've traveled, dolls, postcards,  or holiday ornaments.  

I've been fortunate enough that I have been able to travel quite a bit this year, and I have also decided upon a new tradition.   It's actually been going on since my husband and I traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico years ago.  My tradition is bringing home a piece of jewelry (or two) from each trip.




On our most recent trip to Jamaica, I ended up purchasing a Caribbean Hook bracelet.  The story goes, that when he open end of the hook is  pointed toward your heart, that your love is taken.  When worn away from your heart, your love is free or you are unattached. 

There are many designs of Caribbean Hook bracelets (see here and here), but I found that the simple sterling silver bracelet I picked out would be very versatile.  I would say that if you are in the Caribbean the prices are much less, as my bracelet only cost us $49.    

While I am here, I am still on the look out for some pretty Larimar jewelry, also exclusive to the Caribbean.  Be looking for a post on that later on this week!  

Do you have any traveling traditions?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog