Header

Image Map

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bikini Body

I'm posting this today because it's something I've struggled with, so maybe there are girls out there who feel or have felt this way.  It involves *cringe* bikinis.  I haven't worn one in 2 years.  Why? Because I was pregnant two summers ago and then struggling with post-baby weight the following summer.



For the past eight months, I've been working my tail off at the gym.  It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it for so many reasons.  I feel better, I'm healthier, my clothes fit better, and so on.

Today marks the day that I put on a bikini for the first time, and actually wore it to the pool.  It was pretty liberating.  I know I'm not the most fit, but I'm proud of myself.  

I'm going to continue working on my fitness journey, and maybe some day I'll post before and after photos, but this is me at my bravest for now. 

I know the topic of weight is a touchy one, as everyone has their unique struggles.  I've got friends who wish they would gain weight, and other friends with different insecurities.  The best thing I can think to say about it all, is for females to band together to support each other, no matter their body shape.  

After writing this up, coincidentally, a BuzzFeed article came up on my Facebook.  I'll link it here.  It explains my feelings on the subject very well... everyone is uniquely beautiful, no matter their body shape. 
  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog