Header

Image Map

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Funky Fishtail Faux-Hawk

I created this fun fishtail faux hawk while in Jamaica.  If you can fish tail braid, this is a fun look that you can do on yourself!


  • To begin, section off your hair into 4 small ponytails (Note:  The top ponytail I clipped aside. )
  • Fishtail braid each of the pony tails and tie with an elastic band.  Pancake each of the braids, by gently pulling the outer pieces of the braid.  This will add some thickness to your braids.
  • Then, backcomb the top section to create a coif.  I ended up pinning mine so it had just the right amount of "poof".  Fish tail braid this final section.
  • The last part of this style requires bobby pinning and a mirror!  I ended up pinning and wrapping my braids around each other so they covered the elastics.  Every so often I would use the mirror to check my work.  Anything I didn't like... well, I just un-pinned and re-did.
A special thank you to Confessions of Hairstylist for inspiring this funky, fresh style!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog