Header

Image Map

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Nice-to-Haves When Traveling

As previously promised, I thought I'd share a bit more about my recent visit to Cancun, Mexico.  I decided I would share a list of some "Nice-to-Haves When Traveling".   Try as I might, even with a list, I always seem to forget something.  On this particular trip... it was a razor.  I'm not really sure what I was thinking considering we were staying on the beach.  Thank goodness for hotel gift shops!

Anyway, here are some travel essentials that not everyone always tells you to bring (though some are more obvious than others!):



1.  A pen
You'll need to have a pen handy when you are filling out documents when entering a new country.  Keep it close by so you can easily fill out your forms while on the plane.

2.  Snacks
We took a three hour flight from Denver into Cancun.  No free pretzels.  No free peanuts.  We ended up ordering a sandwich on the plane, but it would have been nice to have something to tide us over.

3.  SPF
Bring this in any form you can.  I brought a dusting powder, spray, and lotion.  The only thing missing (besides my razor)- lip balm.  I think that this is easy to forget - but, your lips can burn too!

4.  Comfy shoes
Depending on your level of adventure, you may be going running or hiking... Regardless, I can guarantee that you will be doing a lot of walking.  Whether it's in the town/city you are visiting or at the airport, you'll be glad you brought shoes to trek around in.

5.  Hand Sanitizer
You'll use this everywhere.

6.  Cheap Sunglasses
I brought a really nice pair of Ray Bans, which was a mistake.  Day Two: Missing.  If you're like me, bring cheapies.

7. A Light Jacket/Scarf/Sarong
Even in Mexico, it gets cold at night!  You'll want it for your travel through the airport on and on the plane too!

8.  Your Cell Phone & Charger
Turn off your cellular data and hook-up to a free WiFi source.  It will save you money!  Also, if your phone dies, there are plenty of charging stations all around the airport.

9.  A Water Bottle
Around our resort, several people brought their own water bottles to be filled with their drink of choice.  My husband and I thought that wasn't a bad idea!

10.  Umbrella
Even though most of the weather here was beautiful 99% of the time, we did get a light shower once. It would have been handy to have an umbrella.

As far as a checklist for travel, the best one I found was here.  In about a month, I'll be back at it - only this time in Jamaica!  I'm sure I'll be referring back here...  Anyway, comment below and let me know if I missed anything!

Happy Travels!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog