Header

Image Map

Friday, January 9, 2015

Drugstore Finds & Favs

If you're like me, that trip to Target/Walmart/Walgreens/CVS/-insert drugstore here, can be a lot of fun - especially when you are poking through the make-up and skincare goodies.  I've decided that it might be fun to post some of my favorite drugstore finds in this post.  
EOS Lip Balms.  I love these little guys.  They are packaged in a cute little ball, and also make great decor in my office bowl!  Really though, my friend, Olivia introduced me to these little guys a few years ago and they are great lip balm.  They're kind of like potato chips though... you can't have just one!  I have to thank my sister-in-law, Heather, for the one she gave me for Christmas.  

Another great find - is the Biore charcole mask.  It is great for cleaning out your pores, and.. *bonus* it is self-heating.  I will say that I enjoy wearing a great skincare mask... it's very relaxing, pampering... what's more, your skin is left baby-smooth!
Have you ever tried the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils?  I always hear YouTubers mention these.  And, they are great - inexpensive, too!  They make a great shadow or shadow primer.  To make your eyes especially vibrant, try using the color "milk" as a base with pigmented shadows.



I feel like sunscreen is a non-negotiable.  I usually go for Hawaiin Tropic (because of the scent) or Neutragena (because it doesn't clog my pores).  I think we all know the importance of protecting our skin against the harmful UV rays.  



What would this post be with out the mention of nail polish?  If you know me, you know me that I don't discriminate against any one brand of nail polish.  I truly love them all (I am picky about my nail art though - I'll save that for another post).   If I had to pick one brand from the drugstore I would pick... I can't decide.  It would be a toss up between Essie or OPI!  The funny thing about that is OPI used to NOT be allowed in drugstores.  How times change!

Another drugstore product that I have a new love for is Jordana's Incolor Fabuliner.  The EleventhGorgeous sisters, Tracy and Stephanie have been raving about it for years.  I finally see what all of the fuss is about.  The liners are priced right and make it easy to create that beautiful winged look that we all love.  (Spoiler alert: I will be doing a winged liner made-easy tutorial soon!)


The last product that I'll mention is a blush - it's the Milani baked powder blush in the color Luminoso.  I love this stuff.  When you look at it in the packaging it's a pretty glowy peach color.  When I put it on, I feel like my skin is glowy and luminous (like the name)!

What are some of your favorite drugstore finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog