Header

Image Map

Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Mason Jar of Memories

With the new year here, one simple and easy way to document memories of 2015 is to create a "Mason Jar of Memories".  I think this is a great project to start now and it will be fun way to look back at 2015.


For this DIY you will need:
  • a pen, pencil, or marker
  • sticky notes
  • a mason jar (or any empty jar)
  • ribbon, stickers, or craft supplies to decorate your jar
Decorate Your Jar:
This is where you can have the most fun.  Check out Google Images or Pinterest for ideas!  You can include stickers, stamps, a fun quote... whatever you like!  I think including the year is a great idea.  My jar is going to have a gold lid like the one pictured with pink ribbon and pink sticky notes.

Document Your Memories
The jar will stay in my office with a variety of sticky notes close by.  When my mood serves me, I will write down thoughts or memories from that day.  I'm going to do my best to date each one as well.  Another idea is to include in your jar are ticket stubs, fortunes from fortune cookies, or little trinkets representing a special memory.   You could also write a future note to yourself in the jar.  

Reflect on Your Memories
On December 31st, 2015, open up your jar.  This is a great time to reminisce and to thankful of all of the blessings you have had over the year.  

Thanks for reading & here's to a Happy 2015!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog