Header

Image Map

Friday, June 6, 2014

Easy Scalloped Braid

Everywhere I look, I see cute scallops!  I've seen scallops on purses, tops, dresses... why not braids too?
 
This is my first time making the scalloped braid,
you can see I have some fly aways,
but nothing a brush and a little pomade couldn't handle. 

My inspiration for this post comes from the YouTuber Bebexo.  In her video, she mentions how easy this braid is - and it really is.  I know my steps are long, but once you try it, it comes pretty easy! Here is the break down:

1.  Part your hair as you normally would.  Be sure it is thoroughly combed. 
2.  Take a section from one side, from the front of your hair to the ear.  Divide that into three equal sections, and then begin braiding a regular braid.
3.  Make 3 stitches.  On the fourth stitch, when it is time to cross the outermost strand over, divide that strand into two pieces... and leave one of those pieces out of your braid.
4. Continue your braid and then, again, once you reach the outermost strand, divide it into two pieces and leave one piece out.
5. Repeat again, so that you have three pieces of hair left out of our braid.
6.  Once you reach your 6 stitch, you can begin adding the hair that was initially left out of the braid.  Start with the first piece that you left out (it will be the piece furthest from the stitch you are currently working on).  You will add in that piece of hair to the outermost strand again. 
7. Each time it is time to cross the outermost strand, add in the next stitch (2 more times).
8. Using your thumb and index finger gentle pull the pieces you added in.  You will have created scallops!
9.  Tie off with a clear elastic.
10.  Repeat these steps on the opposite side of your hair.  Once you have complete another scalloped braid, pull the hair back and tie it together.

I think this is a unique and fun braid... I would be interested to try this using more hair and creating a thicker braid.  Maybe that will be my next post....

Happy braiding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog