Header

Image Map

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Holiday Nail Art

How ironic is it that after posting how "good" I am going to be about posting on my blog - I literally don't update for a YEAR??  Well, those of you who know me well, know that I wasn't kidding when I say I have been busy.  Not only did I get a second puppy, but there have been a slue of weddings, assignments at work, and - oh yeah - I am going back to school!  Busy, busy, busy!  So what about all things beauty and fashion?  Well, I've taken up a bit of an obsession with nail polish!  For those of you who are not one of my Facebook friends - I will post some of my latest picture from Christmas below!




So, here is a quick how-to on creating this fun design:

1.  Paint your nails with a base coat.  I like "Bonder" by Orly
2.  Paint your nails gold.  I used China Glaze "Champagne Bubbles".
3.  Use a green nail art polish to create triangles for the trees.  I used Sinful Colors "Jungle".  If you want a cleaner edge, use tape to ensure straight lines.  (*I could not find a link for my polish.  I got mine at Walgreen's for $1.99.)
4.  Use a glitter polish to create sparkles on the trees.  I used China Glaze "Twinkle Lights".
5.  Once your nails have dried, paint a topcoat over the polish.  I like "Out the Door".
6.  Use a tooth pick and clear polish to place a star at the top of the trees.  I used Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Polish in "Hollywood Walk of Fame" .  You could also simple put a rhinestone at the top of your trees. 

There you have it - six easy steps and you have beautiful Christmas trees on your nails!  These nails were inspired by: CutePolish on YouTube.  I am planning on coming up with my own ideas for nail art in February...

What would you like to see more of on this blog?  Nail art? Reviews?  Tutorials on make-up?  New products? 

Thanks for reading!

Bonus; added 12.22.15: Snowflake nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog