Header

Image Map

Monday, December 19, 2011

Winter Lips

I have been away for too long!  I promise I will be better about updating - I have about a gazillion ideas of things to write about (I guess that's what happens when you've been away for too long).  I really have no excuse as to why the leave of absence other than life at work and school has been busy…. and maybe I have been spending slightly too much time on Pinterest.  I'm hoping to link up this blog with Pinterst and perhaps invest in a fresher layout that's a little more "me".  Anyway, thank you to those of you who follow me & have (maybe) missed my beauty and fashion posts lately. 

So, with winter almost here in full swing, I thought it might be helpful to write a post on how keep your lips hydrated this holiday season.  Of course, if you live in a warmer climate, feel free to use any of these tips any time!  I find that my lips seem to dry out and get chapped more during this time of the year so that is part of what has inspired this post.  Besides that, I have three go-to beauty products that I love to use and would love to share with you. 

First, exfoliating off chapped and dead skin cells from your lips will provide you with a great start.  To exfoliate my lips, I like the Fresh Lip Exfoliating Polish. The main ingredient in the scrub is sugar – and that’s what gives it its gritty texture!  So not only does it exfoliate your lips, but it also tastes great!  Please make sure when you are exfoliating that you don't overdo it, or your lips might become raw and irritated.  I would suggest exfoliating 2-3 times a week at most.  See what works for you! 

Now for the hydration:  Give your lips some moisture!  My favorite lip balms include: Qtica Intense Repair Lip Balm and Fresh Sugar Lip Balm.  I like the sugary taste of the Fresh balm; however, the Qtica balm ALWAYS delivers.  My lips have gone from chapped to smooth and hydrated.  Feel free to comment below if you have a favorite - I'm always looking to try new products! 
And, lastly, to keep your lips ultra-hydrated - DON'T lick them.  Licking your lips will coat your lips with saliva which, in turn, will evaporate, leaving your lips drier than before.  DO protect your lips from the elements by wearing a lip balm that contains SPF.  This is also important for those sunny days! 

I hope this is a good prep for you - I'm sure you'll all be smooching someone special this coming Valentine’s Day and you'll want soft and hydrated lips!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog