Header

Image Map

Friday, October 21, 2016

10 Days in Europe

This past summer I took a trip to Europe & I feel like when it comes to packing, it's always helpful to share what you brought and if it was enough or too much.  So, below is a list of what I brought and then some reflections....

The trip included visiting Budapest, Vienna, and Venice - when I checked the weather, it shows that it will remain in the 70's and it appears to be a bit rainy...

THE LIST
  • Comfy Shoes (I'm bring black Tom's for walking & flip flops)
  • Dressy Shoes (1 formal and 1 semi-formal)
  • Sundresses 
  • Swimsuit
  • Swimsuit Cover-Up 
  • Jeans (1 black, 1 blue)
  • Leggings (1 black, 1 gray)
  • Shorts (black flowy) 
  • Faux Leather Jacket
  • T-Shirts (3)
  • Tanks (2)
  • Evening Gown 
  • Light, inexpensive jewelry (gold, silver, a black suede wrap necklace, & stud earrings)
  • Cross body bag/evening bag for gown
  • Pajamas (5 pairs) 
  • Socks (2 because none of my shoes require, but by feet get cold)
  • Undergarments (14 pairs of undies)
  • Make-Up 
  • Skincare 
  • Travel Shampoo + Conditioner 
  • Razor
  • Body Wash 
  • Tooth Brush + Tooth Paste 
  • Wet Brush <-- best thing ever 
  • Deodorant 
  • Curling Wand
  • Bobby Pins
  • Elastic Bands
  • Flat Iron
  • Hair Dryer 
  • Hat
  • Sunglasses 
  • An Umbrella 
  • A Camera
  • First-Aid Kit (includes band-aids, tweezers, anti-bacterial gel)
  • Contacts Case + Solution / Glasses / Extra Contacts
  • Any Medications 
  • Ear Buds
  • Eye Mask
  • Neck Pillow
  • Pen + Journal (I'll Instagram this, it's cute)
  • Book
  • Charger 
  • Kleenex
  • Gum
  • Snacks
Essentials:
  • Passport <-- Don't forget this, once my husband and I grabbed my unmarried one and it was a $1500 mistake.  That's not an exaggeration...
  • Travel Documents 
  • Driver's License 
I was actually able to fit everything listed in a carry on, with the exception of my makeup, dressy shoes, and evening gown.  I am sure there are a ton of Pinterest articles on it, but what I did was roll everything and then stacked the rolls of clothes on top of each other.  The nice thing about having almost everything in my carry on is that if the bag we check somehow gets lost in translation, I'll have *almost* everything with me.

My husband and I in Melk, Austria.


THE VERDICT
I actually wore everything that I packed.  I know that is pretty crazy.  I think the most important thing to keep in mind is SHOES.  Wear comfy shoes in Europe!  Also, bring extra converters.  Though that wasn't on my list, my husband brought his.  Lastly, the hair dryer... make sure the watts are okay for international use.  Mine... not so much!


I hope this post helps others when it comes to packing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog