Header

Image Map

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reviews: tarte Rainforest of the Sea



Being a Sephora VIB Rouge, I get some great perks.  Recently I used some points to sample tarte's Rainforest of the Sea products.

The box included the following:

  • tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara (0.13 oz)
  • tarte Rainforest of the Sea™ Drench Lip Splash Lipstick in Beach Bum (0.035 oz)
  • tarte Rainforest of the Sea™ Deep Dive Cleansing Gel (0.25 oz)
  • tarte Rainforest of the Sea™ Marine Boosting 4-in-1 Mist (0.24 oz)
  • tarte Rainforest of the Sea™ Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen in Light Neutral, Light-Medium Honey, Medium Honey, and Tan Sand (0.016 oz x 4)

The 4-in-1 Mascara receives a 4 out of 5 for me.  The mascara did a great job lengthening and defining my lashes.  I even felt like the wand somewhat curled the lashes for me.  I've tried the Lights, Camera, Lashes before and wasn't too impressed; however, this product must have been reformulated since I last tried it.  This is something that I would consider purchasing in the future.  I will note, however, that though it didn't flake on me, there are plenty of reviews that cite that as an issue.  

The Drench Lip Splash Lipstick is a matte lipstick - and, wait for it...  wait for it... it was pretty moisturizing!  The color payoff was great and went on very smooth.  It did wear off throughout the day (which is pretty typical for me).  But, I overall really liked the formula.  I am giving this product a 3.5 out of 5 for me.  The color I received was very brown on me, in not a flattering way - and, in reading other product reviews, the major complaint is the fact that there is not a whole lot of product and the product tends to break off.   Not something I will be purchasing.  
The Deep Dive Cleansing Gel earns a 5 out of 5 stars for me.  Let me start by saying I have pretty "normal" skin.  It's not super dry, but not super oily.  This gel cleanser is foamy and luxurious, while gentle your skin.  It is extremely effective at removing make-up and has an incredible scent.  I did a little research regarding how it reacts with other skin types, and every review I've read raves about this stuff.  
The Marine Boosting 4-in-1 Mist has to be one of my favorite products out of them all.  It goes without saying that I'm giving this product a 5 out of 5 stars.  This primes, sets, hydrates, and completely refreshes the skin.  It has an amazing summery, citrus scent and is something I will definitely need in my beauty arsenal this summer.  I can see myself keeping this in my pool or beach bag for sure! 
Finally, the Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen also receives a 5 out of 5 for me!  I really wasn't expecting to like this foundation because I can be pretty picky.  The sample colors provided for me worked very well; I used the Light Neutral and the color blended in to my skin perfectly.  The foundation is extremely lightweight and provided me with a medium-coverage (you could build on it though).   I ended up applying mine by using a beauty blender to blend it out...  I felt like it minimized my pores and didn't really notice it settling in to any fine lines (some reviews do state this as a small issues).  I would re-purchase this.  

All in all, the Rainforest of the Sea products were great!  I'll definitely be paying a visit to Sephora in April (big sale!) and picking up a few of these products.

More reviews coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog