Header

Image Map

Friday, February 19, 2016

MakeUp Revolution

I thought I'd share an exciting tidbit of news (to me).  A new European drugstore make-up brand is now available in the US - MakeUp Revolution.  You can find it in Ulta stores now - and I actually picked up a couple of palettes for myself.  I've done a bit of research and I *think* that they may have shown up in the U.S. sometime in July 2015.

I will say the price point is amazing - we are talkin' $5 glosses and $3 lipstick! My palettes were only $10, and "Buy one, Get one 50%" at that!  I ended up purchasing the Ultra Bronze palette and Mermaids Forever 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette.

My honest take on the two palettes is that they are great drugstore pricing.  The packaging is sturdy and sleek with the rose gold label - very pretty.   Both palettes also came with a mirror.  I think I will get great use out of both palettes, as they are very versatile and have many shades to choose from.

With the bronzer palette; there are only a couple of the shades that may be a little too yellow toned for my skin.  The palette contains two baked bronzers, three matte bronzers, and three shimmer bronzers. (Note:  I *think* this palette is different from the "All About Bronze" palette available in the UK).

With the Mermaids Forever eye shadows, there are mixed reviews.  I've swatched the Mermaids Forever palette for you below.  The shadow really vary in pigment and quality; some are definitely better than others.  I will say the first set of swatches (the lighter colors) were very chalky and difficult to swatch.  The reviews on the Ulta website confirm this as well.









Again, I think the price is great - BUT, if I don't think these shadows compare with the butteriness or pigmentation of Urban Decay, MAC, etc.  

Have you ever tried MakeUp Revolution before?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog