Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

DIY Planter

I can't keep any plants alive...  It's really terrible the amount of money that I have likely spent on trying to grow different plants at home.  I've even killed cactus and succulents.   However, even with  my poor history, I still want some greenery at home!

Recently I ended up doing a plant DIY that I wasn't even planning on doing!  I'm not a huge fan of faux flowers- in fact, I'm really picky about them.  I like them to look as real as possible, and with succulents you can do that!  I ended up finding a few large flowery succulents at World Market, and added a flowy one from Michaels craft store.  To give my planter some height, I added a taller one from Hobby Lobby.  The planter itself contains real soil to make it look even more lifelike!  In the end, I am extremely happy with my faux succulents!  

This planter sits on our kitchen counter.
They require zero maintenance - and my husband was even fooled by how real they seem!  I may even fill my matching smaller planter with something similar.

I've been having so much fun with home decor lately, be looking for additional postings in the future!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog