Header

Image Map

Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Minnie and Mickey Mouse Halloween

I know some people loathe Halloween... I am quite the opposite.  I LOVE it!  It's probably one of my favorite holidays.  I think it's just so much fun to be something other than your typical self.  You get .to wear something that you never really would.  And... the make-up... the hair...  You get it.  Anyway, I enjoy Halloween so much, I can start thinking about costumes as early as August.  (I know that's a little crazy!).  This year, however, I made the commitment in September.  And... drum roll... we're going as Minnie and Mickey Mouse.  Yep, I said, "we're".   That includes myself, my daughter, and my hubby (he's such a good sport!).

I do think DIY costumes are just adorable, so I semi-DIYed* with Etsy and random purchases.  I'll start with my little one.  My daughter, Ellie, is going to wear a fluffy tulle Minnie Mouse dress with black tights, Minnie Mouse ears, and a Minnie gumball necklace.  I also found her some black bow shoes and a red Minnie Mouse plush she can carry with her if she wants to.  I will say finding the "red version" of Minnie was a little tricky - "pink" Minnie is everywhere!  The last thing on my list is her trick-or-treat bag.  I can't decide between a tote bag or basket though.  I feel like if we ever go to Disney (which we will someday), she can bring a tote with her.

For my costume, I decided I would piece mine together.  Skater skirts tend to be more flattering on me so I found a great option from InkedShop.com.  I plan to wear a black t-shirt with it, a long with Minnie Mouse ears.  I'll likely wear a pair of black bow heels that I already own.  I'm really excited to do something fun with my make-up and nails though.  I've put all kinds of inspiration on this Pinterest board!
My husband's costume is a little more tricky.  And, I'm still debating.  Does he wear a Mickey t-shirt, jeans, and ears?  Or do I get him some red shorts and a black t-shirt to wear?  I'm only going to ask him to wear the ears for maybe a picture or two, but we'll see what he wants to wear.  I may end up getting both options together and let him pick.  He already has his ears.


Once Halloween arrives, you'll have to check over at my Instagram page for photos.  As I said, it's one of my favorite holidays, so there's sure to be plenty of photos!

Have you picked out your costume(s) yet?









* I love that you can just come up with your own words when blogging.  Semi-DIYed is so not a real word.  Or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog