Header

Image Map

Monday, April 6, 2015

Tattoos

I like to believe that tattoos are a form of expression, and, of course, meaningful.  When I started to ask around, I was surpassed at how many of my friends have tattoos.

My tattoos are all meaningful to me... so, I thought I'd share my story today.

My tattoo!
I have the word, "dream" written on my wrist and my Zodiac sign on my hip.  I like the placement because both can be easily covered... the wrist with long sleeves, a bracelet, or watch and my hip all the time.  

The meaning behind my tattoos?  I had "dream" added to my wrist because I think it's important to always follow your dreams, whatever they may be.  I was accepted into a doctoral program in 2012, and felt that the word fit (yes, I am still working on my doctorate... only a few more years...).  My Zodiac sign was tattooed on a whim in Vegas, and because I really connect with my astrological sign, Leo.  

The question lingers: do I want anymore tattoos?  Yes and no.  Some days - yes, other days - no.  I would never recommend getting a tattoo unless you are absolutely, positively 110% sure that it is what you want and where you want it.  My cousin went through the painful process of removing one of her tattoos, and for me, seeing her blisters was enough to remind me that it is pretty permanent.  I do love all the tattoos that I have; they are all part of who I am.    

I thought it might be fun to include a few of my friends tattoo's on this blog post as well.  They are all so beautiful and unique!

How pretty is this?  My friend,
Liz just got this beauty!
This is a  gray brain cancer awareness ribbon
and remembrance of my friend's late husband, Ryan.
This symbol means "strength".
This means "friends" in Italian.
This friend is carrying the her
 little "sunshine" right now.  
My friend Kristin's daughters' initials
My friend Traci's daughter's footprint & Bible verse.
This wave was tattooed on my friend's foot after running a
half marathon. 

A thank you to all of my friends for letting my post their tattoos.  I know they are not only personal, but many have a special meaning behind them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog