Header

Image Map

Monday, April 13, 2015

Ocean-Inspired Nails

I've had a few friends message me with "water marbled" nail art, encouraging me to go for it.  I have tried it before... and I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze.  It's very pretty, but very messy so you really have to be in the mood to do it.
Today I was in the mood for an accent nail, so I went for it.


To water marble, I painted my nails white and then took a cup of water and created a "bulls eye" pattern by placing drops of my polish in it.  Then I took a orange wood stick and stirred up a design.  Then I dunked my ring finger in.  You can tape around your cuticle for less mess, but I didn't have any Scotch tape on hand.  My water marble style is a little more simple than others I have seen, but I figure I can start slow.  I think they look better in person (random rant:  I feel like whenever I photograph my hands they look funny!).


For the rest of my nails, I used my base coat, OPI Put a Coat On, Zoya Blu, Zoya Neely, and Essie in the Cab-ana.

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out!  Definitely check out Pinterest and YouTube for more water marbling.  But, don't say I didn't warn you - it's messy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog