Header

Image Map

Monday, March 2, 2015

Manicure Monday: St. Patrick's Day Ruffian Manicure

There is something about green nail polish... it just doesn't look good on my fingers.  It really has to be the right color to look good, and with St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, I feel like I should preparing myself for the inevitable.

Pinterest is usually my go-to for inspiration when it comes to nail art.  I usually put together a few different nail art favorites and then come up with my own.  You can see my St. Patrick's Day board here.  Hopefully, it inspires you too!

 


For my first "St. Patrick Day" nail art, I've decided to do the Ruffian manicure.  It's pretty simple to create!

Step 1:  Prep your nail with a base coat.
Step 2: For the crescent shape, paint your entire nail with a finely milled gold glitter polish.
Step 3:  After the polish has dried, paint the green polish over the top.  Make sure you leave some room so it's not right at the base of the nail.  You'll want to leave the gold polish peeking out.
Step 4:  Top coat & you're all set!

More elaborate St. Patrick's Day polish designs coming!  Let me know what you would like to see... I sense a water-marble tutorial coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog