Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Skin Series, Part 5: Protect

This posting is part of a collection of posts based on everything that I had learned at a recent Sephora class.  For the previous posting in this series, click here.


Protect
One of the most important parts of your skincare regimen is to protect your skin.  If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen post or two with some pictures of my trip to Cancun.  While on the trip, I really did what I could to protect my skin.  Before the trip,  I picked up  Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45 from Sephora.  This stuff was ah-ma-zing!  It was so handy to bring with me to the beach - it is a transparent powder SPF, that you literally just dust on your face.  The Instant Mineral also comes in SPF 30.
I also brought a few samples I received from my old Birchbox subscriptions: Coola Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint and Supergoop Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology.  Of those two, I really liked the Coola as an option for the face and would purchase for myself.


Sephora's Top Tips:

  • Sunscreens come in many exciting formats from oils to color-correcting to moisturizers.  Find the one you love and stick with it every day.  Your skin will stay beautiful longer.
  • Re-apply sunscreen every two hours when outside and immediately after swimming.

Remember SPF isn't only used for your face and body - don't forget the tops of your hands (one of the first places to age) as well as your lips!  Other ways to protect - sunglasses and hats!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog