Header

Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

Skin Series: Part 1, Skin Type & Skin IQ

I recently attended a class at Sephora dedicated purely to skin care.  After attending, I cannot believe how uneducated I was in this area of beauty.  To be honest, I spend more money on make-up than skin care...  When, in fact, it should be the other way around.

Rather than describe my class experience at Sephora (if you want to know more about that - go here), I would like to dedicate this series of posts to the education that I received from the class.  There are so many components to skin care that I have decided to break up the posts into this "mini-series".

Skin Type & Skincare IQ
First, and foremost, you have to know your skin type.  I had always considered myself to have combination skin, but I have since learned that I have a "normal" skin type with a little bit of oil on my nose from time to time.    Keep in mind, your skin type might change!  Things like weather/environment, age, as well as hormones and pregnancy can all impact your skin type.  And, of course, as we grow and change, so does our skin.   Basic skin types include:
  • Normal
  • Combination
  • Oily
  • Dry
Your skin can still be sensitive and be in any one of these skin types.

Once you have identified your skin type, you can identify 2 concerns, primary and secondary.  These concerns might include:
  • Acne/Blemishes
  • Anti-Aging
  • Blackheads
  • Dark Spots
  • Dryness
  • Dullness/Uneven Texture 
  • Fine Lines/Wrinkles 
  • Loss of Firmness/Elasticity 
  • Oiliness 
  • Pores
  • Redness
  • Sensitive Skin
  • Uneven Skin Tone
If you find that you are having difficulty answering questions or deciding what concerns you most, I recommend heading up to the store for a one-on-one consultation.  Otherwise, you can find out your skin type by taking the Sephora Skincare IQ here.

After determining your skin type, we will explore cleansers.  I will save that one for my next post in this mini-series.

I hope this was helpful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog