Header

Image Map

Friday, January 2, 2015

Triple Waterfall Braid

It is true that my thick and course hair often needs taming… but, it's so much easier to twist my hair into some braids.  Today, I am going to share with you how I achieved the look below.


Step 1: For the middle braid, I began by French braiding the hair.  There is twist to this: Weave an outermost section inwards one time.  Once it is woven in once, leave that piece out and grab a new piece of hair to weave into the braid, instead.  The best way to describe it would be to call it a "Waterfall" braid in the middle of your head.

Step 2: For the outside sections, I ended up weaving in the waterfall pieces as a part of a French braid.  I did this on both sides.

Step 3: Then, I pulled my hair into a ponytail, and braided the ponytail.  Then, I twisted the braid into a bun.

It would probably be easiest to show you, but I'm just not comfortable on the YouTube platform.  So, if you'd like to give this a try - I would recommend visiting Melissa on her blog, Missy Sue, or on her YouTube channel.  My braids are a bit thicker and messier than hers (and I chose to do a braid bun instead of messy bun), but she inspired this post.  Thank you to Melissa!

If you're a beginner, I would recommend starting with just French braids.  The "Waterfall" braid took me a while to master (I still don't consider myself a master!) so go easy on yourself if you don't get it right away.

Please feel free to post your recreations on your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram using the #beautyblahniksandbeyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog