Header

Image Map

Friday, January 23, 2015

The Ultimate List of Hair Tutorials

Usually when I have my hair braided or I am talking about braids with someone, the question lingers, "How did you learn that?".  I am a kinesthetic (hands-on) and visual learner, so watching someone else do something and then trying it myself works out pretty well.  So, as you might have guessed, YouTube is my friend.  And, today - I thought I might share some of my favorite YouTubers that specialize in hair (I promise to do the same for a Nail Art post as well).

So, here they are... in no particular order, and I love them all!


I actually discovered Missy Sue through a Pinterest pin of her Triple-Strand Waterfall braid.  She's great because she does an excellent job providing step-by-step written directions as well as YouTube videos!  She's been working on her videos for over four years now!



This is a must-have channel for mom's especially.  Cute Girls Hairstyles feature hairs styles for young  girls as well as for adults.  Mindy, started out back in 2001 when her twins girls (Brooklyn and Bailey) were 18 months old.  She has shared her love of children through her adoption stories as well.  The Cute Girls Hairstyles team has really grown, and even works with the Disney YouTube channel to create character inspired looks as well!




Mimi from Luxy Hair is so much fun!  She always begins her tutorials with, "Hi, my beautiful friends!"  The Luxy hair channel actually features her company, Luxy Hair extensions (you can read up on that story here).   Mimi does a great job showing viewers how to incorporate extensions into fun looks.  Many of the looks can also be used on naturally medium-length or long hair.  I also follow Mimi on her other YouTube channel  (not hair-related, more fashion).  She is very inspiring!



Abby reminds me a lot of myself (except I still can't master her 5 strand braid).  She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children.  In addition to her YouTube channel, she has a wonderful blog at  http://www.twistmepretty.com and a book coming out!  Her book will be released this spring 2015 and sold at Urban Outfitters. 




As far as hair tutorials go, I have been following Lilith Moon for the longest time.  Before she began YouTube, Lilith hated her hair; she thought it was too thin to do anything with.  Then, she began her career in modeling - and to her surprise - she was chosen as a hair model.  She took what she has learned from working in the industry and shares it with all of us (clip in hair extensions are one of her hair secrets).  



Bebexo, or Nee, creates a variety of hairstyles on her channel.  Though most are for long hairstyles, they can be modified for shorter hair.  Many of the styles include braids, high buns, ponytails, as well as updos.  She also includes outfit ideas and get-ready-with-me videos on her channel. 



Jenny Strebe, at Confessions of a Hairstylist and Hairstyle Confessions, is so much fun to watch!  I truly feel like when I am watching her that I am walking into a high-end, trendy salon.  The looks she creates are truly so innovate and creative.  It's no surprise as she has worked for Tony & Guy as their Educational Director, owns her own salon in Scottsdale Arizona, and has had much of her work published.  

This channel is new to me this year, but it is a great one!  All Things Hair, or "ath", isn't run by just one single YouTuber.  In fact, it is a collaborative channel amongst several beauty gurus out there.  On this channel, you'll find popular YouTubers like Ingrid Nilsen, Elle and Blair Fowler, as well as Nikki Phillippi.  I love how the content is developed into playlists like, "Long Hair", "Short Hair", and "Textured and Natural Hairstyles".  



Kayley Melissa's work is stunning!  She is a LA Hairstylist that does everything from wearable school styles to wedding updos.  Her channel includes some very fun Halloween Disney-Princess inspired tutorials and a very organized playlist of options.  She also has a tutorial blog and a YouTube make up channel.  Her talent is evident in her work. 

These ladies are all so very talented and they provide me with so much inspiration!  I hope you find them as helpful as I do!  Please let me know if I forgot anyone in the comments below - I tried to keep the channel's content focus on just hair.  

Now if only my daughter would grow more hair... That's all for now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog