Header

Image Map

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Years Nails

I think most of my readers enjoy my nail art so here is an inspiring look for New Years!   One of my very good friends, Eva, let me come over to her place and do her nails.  It was a lot of fun on this VERY cold Nebraska day!  Even Eva's pug, Bella, joined in the fun as we chatted and I painted.




For her nails, I used the following products:
  • Base Coat - Formula X
  • Zoya Polish in Raven
  • Sally Hansen I Love Nail Art Pen in White (#310)
  • OPI Polish in When Monkey's Fly
  • OPI Polish I Snow You Love Me
  • Deborah Lippmann Polish in Boom Boom Pow 
  • Top Coat - Essie in Good to Go  


To create this look, I began with a base coat (any will do) to protect Eva's natural nails.  I then polished her nails with Zoya's Raven (a pretty black color).  For the glittered portions of the nail, I put a little of When Monkey's Fly (a gold glitter) and I Snow You Love Me (a silver) into a tray.  I picked and placed individual glitter pieces onto her nail using an orange wood stick(that way there would be both gold and silver incorporated).  I like hand placing the glitters to get a more uniform look.

Now, for the fun part - the nail art!  I ended up using the Sally Hansen white nail pen to write "Pop", "Fizz", and "Clink" on each nail.  The other hand includes "NYE" and "2015". I have to be honest: I haven't perfected the nail pen yet, and I am not sure if I am a fan of it.  It is a bit runny and wasn't as precise as I would have liked.  Eva will tell you - I rewrote "Clink" three times! (Make sure your nails are dry, not tacky when you use the nail pen.  And, I barely pressed down with it to avoid marking up the other polish).



To create the fun champagne glass, I simply drew it with the nail pen and then filled the glass with Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow Polish.  I extended the polish above the glass to create the look of bubbles.  Of course, there are large glitters placed around the glass as well.

I'd like to thank Eva for being my muse - she was such a great sport!  It usually takes me a little over an hour to paint out nail art... She and Bella sat and visited with me for at least 2 hours!  Thank you again!



Here's to an amazing 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog