Header

Image Map

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Polished

I must say that I am on an organizational kick.  After having gone through all of my make-up, I decided it was high time that I organize my nail polish!  If you know me, you know that I have a ton of it.  I'm not impartial to any particular brand* (though I have mostly OPI).  I've also been collecting for years, so I've just accumulated A LOT!

When I was working at a beauty retailer in college (where most of my collection began), polishes were often discontinued and we tossed the displays.  Lucky for me, I was able to get my hands on a few OPI polish stands.  However, the stands hold 36 polishes and are designed for tabletop display only.  I love the display, but I have well over 100 polishes - and not a lot of tabletop space.

So, I paid a visit to Amazon.com.  And, I found these hanging nail polish racks.  At $34.50, I thought they were a steal, so I picked up two racks.  (I should note that the racks came with an acrylic sign that reads "Polish Station" with two red hibiscus flowers on either side.  I opted to hang my polish displays without them.)



I love how organized my polish is - it makes it so much easier to see what I have!  I found that I only had two polishes that had duplicates... and ended up throwing away only one dried up polish.  I also realized that I'd like to make more of an investment in Zoya polish (it is free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP - phthalates, & camphor).  And, perhaps one day, I'll treat myself to a Deborah Lippmann or Chanel nail polish.

*Otherwise, my collection consists of: OPI, Essie, China Glaze, Sinful Colors,  Zoya, Orly, Milani, Nails Inc., Color Club, Nicole, Sephora by OPI, Shellac by Creative Nail Design, Sally Hansen, Nail Glam by Pop Beauty, Butter London, Gap, L'Oreal, Finger Paints, Designer Skin,  Icing, Claire's, L.A. Colors, and Hard Candy.

What are your favorite polishes?  Any that I should try?  I use YouTube and Pinterest for new inspiration all the time... I think my next post will be some March nail art for St. Patrick's Day.  Let me know if you have any requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog