Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Love-ly Valentines Day Nail Art


This Valentines-Day inspired nail art was adapted from a photo I found on Pinterest.  Unfortunately, the link to the photo I found on Pinterest, did not contain a nail art tutorial.  AND, I think the original work was likely created with acrylic paint and/or a nail stamping plate.  

I'm going to describe this tutorial in terms of how to form the different designs rather than the step-by-step process.  

Lips - I used a white nail striper to create series of vertical lines.  I repeat the vertical lines in different lengths, and create the shape of a lipstick print.  Refer to a picture online to help you as you create the lines.  The great thing about this one is in doesn't have to be perfect.  

XOXO - I actually used a nail striper for this one too.  This made the "X" very easy to create, the "O"... notsomuch...  You could use a dotting tool to make a big black dot, and then use a smaller one dipped in pink to make the inside instead.  

Love - I started by making the "L" and then the "V" underneath.  Then I made the heart.  For me, making hearts is easiest when I take a striper and form a "V".  Then I just continue to add polish and thicken up the top of the "V" shape.  I finished this design with the "E". 

Hearts - I created the hearts in the same way that I describe making the heart in "LOVE".  To make them in a series, I started in the middle of my nail and made three hearts - from there, I worked on either side.  

I'm not going to lie, this design took me a while to create... however, I had the time since I was off from a snow day.  I think it turned out pretty cool though.  Later this month, I'll be sure to do something red for Valentines Day.  

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog