Header

Image Map

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oh Baby!

Hi everyone!

I know I've been away... with a bun in the oven!  Once I knew I was pregnant, I became focused on preparing for a long-term substitute at work (I'm a teacher) and learning a new curriculum (I switched from teaching first grade to now second).  And - I'm now a proud mommy to my little girl, Ellie Grace.  She's a doll and I can't wait to share my love of fashion, beauty, and all things girlie with her (assuming she's into it!).

Since I've now experienced pregnancy, I thought I'd share some beauty treatments and products that I used throughout pregnancy to keep me feeling pretty and pampered.

* Please Note: These are treatments and products that I used according to my health care provider - always make sure to check with your health care provider to make sure these products and treatments are safe for you before use.

1.  Pregnancy Massages
These were the best!  I was fortunate enough to receive a couple of gift certificates to get a massage - and it was so worth it!  I went in my third trimester (I saved them for when I thought I would be most uncomfortable), but I am wishing I would have gone more consistently in the first and second trimesters.  I think I would have been even more comfortable.

2.  Pedicures
Just make sure the water isn't too hot!  Also, it's best to avoid polishes that contain harsh chemicals.  Some "safer" polishes I've come across include: Piggy Paint, Butter London, Zoya, and Knocked Up Nails.  These polishes are free of toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, and camphor.

3.  Lush Products
I found myself rubbing Ro's Argan Body Conditioner on my belly after showering all of the time!  My skin was super-soft and moisturized after use.  Lush also has so many great bath bombs and melts, I did my best to find the time to relax and soak in the tub.  My favorite melt is MMM Melting Marshmallow Moment.

4. The Snoogle
I know this isn't technically a "product" or a "treatment", but I figure that this connects to beauty rest.  I never thought I would be one of those gals that needed a preggo sleeping pillow, but this thing rocked.  It provided belly and back support and helped me get to sleep.  And, trust me... you are going to want to get as much sleep as you can, while you can!

5.  St. Tropez Self-Tanner
We all want to have that "pregnancy glow" - I just got mine from a safe self-tanner!  Though it is October now, and not so sunny where I live, when I was pregnant - it was in the heat of summer.  My doctors and the articles I read, encouraged me to stay out of the sun and avoid overheating.  So, I slathered on SPF and stayed out of the sun as much as could.  St. Tropez was a lifesaver.

6.  Water, water, water!
I can't stress how important it is to stay hydrated - especially during pregnancy.  I kept water with me at all times - even on my nightstand before bed.  I am proud to say that drinking water is a habit that I have carried over even after pregnancy.

7.  Basq
I knew I was prone to it - so I needed to do what I could to prevent any stretch marks.  I used the Basq Advanced Stretch Mark Butter everyday.  It worked really well for me - I only ended up with a couple of light marks in the 9th month of pregnancy.  Your doc will tell you though - creams can't hurt, but if you are prone to them, you'll likely get them.  Darn!

8.  Lanolin
All I'm going to say is get some, even if you don't use it during your pregnancy - plan on it for after the baby arrives.  Especially if you are breast feeding.  Seriously.

9.  Prenatal Yoga
Unfortunately, I never got around to trying this... But, my friend Traci tried it out and loved it!  She said it was super relaxing.  I would love to try this for baby #2.

10.  Take your vitamins!
Not only are the prenatal vitamins helpful to your baby, but they do wonders for your hair and nails.  Even after pregnancy, I continue to take my pre-natal vitamin.

That concludes my list - feel free to add your ideas in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog