Header

Image Map

Monday, January 4, 2016

Behind the "Blahniks"

I've realized that I've never really explained the whole meaning behind the name of this blog.  Here goes...

The "beauty" is pretty obvious as I love to experiment with my hair, nails, and make-up.  I would argue that beauty is definitely more than just that though.  I love the Coco Chanel quote:


True beauty definitely comes within, and I have used this quote in various taglines. 

So the "Blahnik's" part of the title represents fashion.  Growing up watching Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker on Sex in the City), she completely emulates fashion!  She also adored her Manolo Blahnik shoes.  With that, I must clear the air.  I do not own a pair of Blahnik's myself.  Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to...  Some day.  A girl's can dream, right? 


Lastly, the "Beyond" part of my blog is everything else - it's the DIY, Lifestyle, Bookshelf...  I have so many creative interests beyond beauty and fashion - the "beyond" was a good fit.  And, the alliteration is kind of fun.  

So that's the story behind, "Beauty, Blahniks, and Beyond" - and since it is a new year, I'll be nostalgic and link to my very first post here.

Next up (Wednesday) - Nail Tutorial! 


1 comment:

  1. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them. See the link below for more info.

    #beyond
    www.ufgop.org


    ReplyDelete

Powered by Jasper Roberts - Blog